DATA PROTECTION AND COOKIES POLICY for King’s Infant School, The British School of Elche
Corporate Name: British School of Alicante S.A.
Commercial Name: King’s Infant School, The British School of Elche
Address: Avda. Pío XII, 92
CIF / NIF: A/81447591
Telephone: +34 965 106 351
Fax: +34 965 108 096
Entered in the Mercantile Register of Madrid, Volume 10916, Folio 92, Section 8, Page M-172292, first entry.
In accordance with the terms of the Organic Law 15/1999, of Protection of Personal Data (LOPD) and it’s ordinance, British School of Alicante S.A. informs all website users who supply, or are going to supply, their personal data, that their data will be incorporated into an automated file owned by British School of Alicante S.A. that is duly registered in the Spanish Data Protection Office. Users, by providing their personal data, specifically and freely accept that their personal data will be processed by the provider in order to carry out the following purposes:
- To identify users.
- To process orders, requests or any other type of petition, which are completed by the user through any course of contact. These are made available to the user through the company web site.
- To carry out statistical surveys.
- To send commercial communications if previously authorised by user by ticking an specified box Commercial communications will include: newsletters and notices from the webpage, referral of commercial advertisements through e-mail, fax, SMS, MMS, social communities or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, which enables commercial communication.
These commercial communications will be about products or services offered by the British School of Alicante S.A. and other companies which belong to King’s Group, as well as by collaborators or partners with whom agreements have been reached regarding commercial promotion among clients. In this case, the third parties will never be able to gain access to the personal data. In all cases, commercial communications will be carried out by British School of Alicante S.A. and the products and services will link with the British School of Alicante S.A.’s sector.
Users consent that their personal data is disclosed to other companies within the King’s College group which will process your personal data for the same purposes mentioned herein. The following link includes information on King’s College schools located both in the EU and outside the EU to which personal data may be disclosed to:
All data which is specifically asked for through the website is mandatory. This data is required to provide an optimal service to the user. In the case where the solicited data is not made available, British School of Alicante S.A. cannot guarantee that the information and services required by the user will be tailored to individual needs.
British School of Alicante S.A. guarantees that in every case, the user has rights of access, amendment, cancellation, information and opposition, in the terms set out by the current legislation. Therefore, in accordance with the provisions of Law 15/1999, of Protection of Personal Data (LOPD), users will be able to exercise their rights by sending a specific request, along with a copy of their ID card, through the following means:
Fax: +34 956 108 096
Postal Address: Avda. Pío XII, 92, 28036 Madrid
Similarly, the user will be able to unsubscribe from the reception of commercial communications by clicking in the unsubscribe section found in all e-mails sent by the provider.
British School of Alicante S.A. has adopted all necessary technical and organizational means in order to guarantee the security and integrity of personal data that is concerned, as well as to avoid the loss, alteration and/or access of unauthorised third parties.
What is a cookie
Purpose of cookies
Using cookies, it is possible for the server hosting the website to recognize the browser being used in order to facilitate navigation; allowing, for example, users who have registered previously to access areas, services, promotions or competitions reserved exclusively for them without having to register each time. They are also used to measure the audience and traffic parameters, monitor progress and the number of entries.
The user has the possibility to configure their browser in order to be shown when cookies are being used and to prevent their installation on their computer. Please consult the browser’s instructions and user manuals to find out more information.
In order to use the website, the user does not have to allow the installation of cookies sent by the website, or third parties which act on their behalf. Nevertheless, it is necessary for the user to log-in to every service which requires prior registration or log-in details.
Types of cookies
The cookies used in this website are all temporary, with the sole purpose of making future transmission more efficient. In no case will the cookies be used in order to collect personal data.
The cookies used are:
– Analytical cookies (Google Analytics): These allow monitoring and analysis of the user’s behaviour in order to make improvements based on his or her usage of the website and services. As stated by Google, Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool provided by Google that primarily allows website owners to know how users interact with their website. It also enables cookies in the domain of the website being viewed and uses a set of cookies called ” __utma ” and ” __utmz ” to collect anonymous information and report on website trends without identifying individual users.
More information on Google Analytics at:
Technical cookies: They allow the user to browse through the website and use its various options or services.
– Plug-in cookies: these cookies are used to share social content. Social networks store and access this type of cookies in the user’s terminal equipment, allowing the social network to identify its members as they interact with the plug-ins.
– Multimedia player cookies: They store technical data, necessary to play video or audio content, maintaining an adequate connection speed, image quality and buffering parameters.
Opting out of cookies
Users can disable cookies on their terminal by configuring their browser, but this will entail a less satisfactory browsing experience that may even be defective. For more information on disabling cookies visit:
The website servers will automatically be able to detect the IP Address and domain name used by the user. An IP Address is a number which is automatically assigned to a computer when it connects to the Internet. All of this information is collected in a file about server activity that allows subsequent processing of data; with the aim to collect statistical measurements only, which show the number of printed pages, the number of visits to web services, the reasons of the visit, the point of access, etc.
The website uses information security technologies which are accepted throughout the industry, such as FireWalls, methods to control access and cryptic mechanisms. All of these have the objective of preventing unauthorised access to the data. In order to carry out these purposes, the user/ client accepts that the provider collects data for purposes of authentication for access control.